Development of Geographical Response Plans (GRPs)
Energy East Project, TransCanada
Alberta to New Brunswick, Canada
2014 – 2017
Develop Geographical Response Plans (GRP) for areas along the proposed Energy East pipeline route (4600 km of pipeline). GRPs are a component of the Energy East Emergency Response Plan and provide responders with relevant spill control point information, such as best locations to deploy containment and recovery equipment and logistical and operational response features, such as boat launches and staging areas. The document also contains logistical information, such as hotels, restaurants, heliports, airports and potential command post locations.
- Identification of potential locations where response equipment could be deployed (spill management points);
- Aerial survey to collect field data at spill management points:
- Operational response data collected in real-time using tablets;
- Production of a geo-referenced HD video and photos.
- Ground surveys to validate response tactics and collect additional operational information (slope, current speed, etc.) for each spill management point;
- Production of GRPs, including maps and tactical sheets for each spill management point;
- Development of a GIS environment to display GRP information.
Take a look on our others projects